Home > Job Bank > Sr. User Experience Researcher
SR. USER EXPERIENCE RESEARCHER
USA - WA - Bellevue
The Expedia User Experience Research team is looking to hire a talented researcher to plan, coordinate, and execute research studies for Expedia. This position will work with our global product teams to help define the user experience for Expedia Here is your chance to help make changes that will positively impact Expedia customers around the world. The position is based at Expedia headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
Primary work activities include applied user research work (running lab tests, quantitative data analysis, eyetracking, competitive benchmarking, UI reviews) and consultation with various product teams.
- Effectively understand/manage trade-offs between business needs and customer benefit.
- Consolidate quantitative and qualitative research to inform requirements definition, content strategy, wireframes, visual and interaction design.
- Identify opportunities to improve the user experience and better serve business needs using site analytics and independent research.
- Work closely with stakeholders to outline research plans.
- Responsible for running and ensuring quality of user research.
- Manage vendor-base research projects and lead a core strategic research initiative.
- Consolidate research findings, often from multiple sources, into a short, concise, actionable story for stakeholders.
- Establish global standards and processes around user research.
An understanding of the interplay between business requirements, product strategy, and user experience is essential. You must have the ability to use data to argue for improvements to the customer experience. You should also be adaptable, a fast learner, and be willing to work on a variety projects.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Solid understanding of the research methodologies and literature in the user research field.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience conducting user research - usability testing, site visits, analytics-based analysis, competitive benchmarking, UI reviews, and online studies.
- Bachelor or Master in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or related area
- Experience with international research is a plus
- Familiarity with agile product development processes, including an understanding of how ecommerce website usability differs from usability of other products.
- Experience articulating the value and ROI on research efforts.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with others. This includes excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to forge strong working relationships.
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. is the worlds leading online travel company, empowering business and leisure travelers with the tools and information they need to easily research, plan, book and experience travel. Expedia, Inc. also provides in-destination concierge service and activity desks for travelers. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio of brands includes: Expedia.com®, hotels.com®, Hotwire®, Egencia, TripAdvisor®, Expedia Local Expert, Classic Vacations® and eLong. Expedia, Inc.s companies operate more than 50 global points of sale with sites in North America, South America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Expedia, Inc. is a component of the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit http://www.expediainc.com/ (NASDAQ: EXPE).