Home > Job Bank > North America > UI Designer
Syracuse, NY, USA
Professionals, Incorporated is looking for a UI Designer for a position in Syracuse, NY. Our client is an international company. The designer will facilitate requirements gathering, conduct user testing, and create prototypes to effectively communicate designs to both users and developers. Utilize user research methodologies, UI design, and adherence to design best practices and industry guidelines to complete projects. Additionally, enforce a design convention that ensures cohesiveness across multiple product lines.
Travel, of up to 30%, is required in this position to work with other teams throughout the US.
Experience in conducting user studies is required. This is not a graphic/visual design position, nor is it a web design position.
- Act as corporate advocate for user centered design
- Follow and enforce corporate branding guidelines
- Perform user research studies and human factors/UI design within a federally regulated environment
- Interact with personnel in a healthcare environment
- Plan, execute, and analyze user research studies and product validation at all phases of the design life cycle
- Provide input into design requirements and specifications based on user needs and motivations
- Create UI's for windows-based and embedded applications
Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction Design, Human Factors Engineering, or other related degree with 1+ years of related experience preferred, OR Bachelor's degree in HCI Design, Human Factors Engineering, or related degree with 3+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles, best practices, and standards
- Understanding of human factors/ergonomic principles
- Proficiency in key user research methodologies
- Ability to create screen mockups and prototypes (low fidelity and high fidelity)
- Industrial Design skills are a plus
ph (315) 458.2100 ext.14
Toll free (866) 757-2525
Partners: jcb service manuals 2013 . Visit Russia any time of year really. Summer is quite a good time to go.